EXPECTATIONS...

There are days when I am happy and contend,
And there are days when I feel awful and despondent... 

Some days just pass by and some days I try to introspect myself. and as days pass I go through different experiences, meeting new people, knowing more about the behavior of certain people I already know, doing certain mistakes myself and trying to overcome my failures.
But each passing day makes me more and more anxious, am I living my life as it should be? Does God wanted this from me? Or am I just passing my time here.... Cause I see people around me always expecting more than I have already given them. Some people want more favors, some wish more love, some expects me to reach a higher professional level, some expects more time and some even expects to change my certain behavioral traits in order to please them.

So here I am, surrounded by people who are full of loads of expectations from you, never relenting people who never stops expecting from you. Some expect out of love for you and some out of selfishness. But whatever the reason may be they never stop expecting.

In a way life goes on, trying to fulfill the expectations of the people you are surrounded with.  So its kind of a game you see, If I win (fulfilling someone's expectation) I am a good Samaritan and if I lose I am the culprit of some hideous crime. It's like the one who loves you more automatically gets the right to expect from you more.  It has been beautifully described by the below quoted lines:

“When someone sees the same people every day, as had happened with him at the seminary, they wind up becoming a part of that person's life. And then they want the person to change. If someone isn't what others want them to be, the others become angry. Everyone seems to have a clear idea of how other people should lead their lives, but none about his or her own.” 
― Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist

So its quite clear that we all are viciously involved in this expectation game, either we have to fulfill certain expectations or we expect certain things from others,  but our lives have become dependent on it, we wish others to act in a certain way and also try to win their expectations. But, is this the life God wants us to lead or is this the purpose of our life? Apparently the answer is "No".

This "Expectation game" has shrouded our whole existence into a predicament in which our soul is wriggling to be free, and the only way to extricate ourselves is by following the voice of our heart, our dreams and not just merely expecting others to follow what we wish for them nor following theirs.

"I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.”  Bruce Lee


AS THE BEST THINGS IN LIFE ARE UNEXPECTED...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So what you think?

Searching for love with endless tricks.

AN OUTBURST...